passion
n.
1 strong and barely controllable emotion: a man of impetuous passion.
2 intense sexual love: their all-consuming passion for each other
3 an intense desire or enthusiasm for something: the english have a passion for gardens.
4 a thing arousing great enthusiasm: modern furniture is a particular passion of Bill's

Friday, January 6, 2012

Trying to Make Things Happen!

Ever since I can remember I have loved Cosmetology. When I was a kid my grandpa and great grandpa would let me cut their hair. I loved it! As a teen you could always find me sitting in front of the mirror, playing with my make up, cutting my bangs or shaping my eyebrows. I believe becoming a Cosmetologist is one of my PASSIONS. I absolutely love how limitless it is, and how you can be so creative and make people feel good while doing it.
Being a mother of 3 there are a lot of things to take into consideration when looking at schools. I always keep their best interest in mind and sometimes I feel like that keeps me from just going for it. I have checked out two schools so far. The first was MTI Paul Mitchell, I liked it. The price was high and it was definetely more upper class. I had to be "accepted" into the school. I had to write an essay about image,attitude, creativity, and initiative, had my picture taken (they wanted to see if my image fit with their school) and it was all sent to the board to see if I was a good fit for their school. I was accepted, I just didn't get a really good feeling there. I want to know I will enjoy being at school. Plus the price was a huge factor. The second school was Career Beauty Academy (previously Jerry Lee). The school was small, and I liked that. It seemed their would be more oppurtunity for one on one training. The admissions advisor was so sweet, she was also very honest. We sat and talked about life and to never give up even when things get hard. I enjoyed this school alot. Their part time program would fit the kids' schedule really well it was 8:30-1:00 and if you wanted you could stay later and it would count towards your hours required to graduate. The price was fair, alot better than the first school. But, they want you to pay upfront or get a loan through their school at 12% interest and you have to pay while going to the school. Right now with our financial situation we are living paycheck to paycheck. How would I be able to come up with that extra $400 plus daycare for the kids and still pay the bills?
I thought maybe I could go to school and then go to a part time job. But that will add to the cost of daycare about $20-30/day (thats 4 hours of work before taxes). I just cant seem to get this figured out! I am going to keep looking at different schools. I have an appointment today at Marinello. So we shall see what they have to offer for me. I know they have government assistance and financial aid, so if I qualify and the price is right maybe its where I will be going?


No comments:

Post a Comment